Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Key West - Day 2

Key West - Day 2
I dont know what they ate but 3 of the crew got food poisoning. Baker actually fainted in the bathroom last night and Don was so sick he was not able to go out with us this morning.

Another light air day. We got a decent start on the left side of the line. We managed to reach the upper mark in 5th and had a successful rounding. On the first downwind leg in light conditions the wind filled in from the left and of course we were on the right. We managed to get a few places back but it was ugly. We also finished with Perrigrine. We entered the two boat circle clear ahead and they screamed that they needed room at the mark. (see picture below) To avoid hitting them I gave them enough room to cross so we ended up tying. I took it to the protest room but got ruled against in arbitration. I decided it was better to not take it to the room because I would of had to find the witnesses who by this time had scattered.

I race 2 we just could not just get on the right side.

Result: race 1 8th
race 2: 11th

Link: http://www.premiere-racing.com/07_KW_Results/kw07_div2_series.htm#PHRF-2

No comments:

Post a Comment